Our program is structured to help each child build a creative and healthy self-image, to develop empathy for others, and to develop critical thinking skills necessary for everyday living. Although our schedule is dictated by the needs and interests of our students, a typical day will include a wide variety of learning experiences including:
- Group activities (story telling, finger plays, etc.)
- Independent learning tasks (blocks, manipulative activities, etc.).
- Science exploration (observation and discussion of natural forces in earth, sky, weather, life, pets, etc.)
- Art experiences (easel painting, finger painting, chalk, crayons, collage, etc.)
- Dramatic play (a chance to try on different life skills, occupations, relationships, etc.)
- Music and Movement (songs, rhythms, rhymes ~ a chance to experience music experimentally and creatively)
- Sensor motor Training (body image, space and direction, balance, visual discrimination, large and small muscle activities).
- Chapel times and other spiritual growth times (opportunities to share prayers, songs, stories, and God’s love)
- Snack times: nutritious morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Outdoor Play: Our environment is designed to promote large and small muscle development
King of Glory Preschool has an “Open Door” policy. All parents are encouraged to participate in their child’s preschool experience. Parent volunteers are welcome to share any talents, gifts, careers, cultures, etc. Any help you offer is valuable to your child and to us. There are also limited spaces on our Preschool Board for parent members.